Journalist, humorist, history buff, podcast host, and CBS Sunday Morning correspondent Mo Rocca shares what's on his mind during these hot days.
1. A frozen piña colada with an umbrella in it.
2. A refreshing liverwurst sandwich. I'm determined to make liverwurst the new meatloaf. It's this super fatty deli meat that is less and less available. But I just want it. My mother used to make us sandwiches with liverwurst and would cut the crust off the bread. I should write a Mobituary for all those crusts.
3. Time off
4. A cool mountain hideaway to escape the tidal surge that will engulf us all as a result of global warming. There's a woman I know who's given serious thought about where to escape to. She looked at me and she said one word: "Utica."
This city in New York state has a safe elevation. It's got a good water supply. And it's got all these really great brick Victorians from the 19th century that are super cheap.
5. A decent air conditioner.
6. Orange shorts to wear with my Tevas. A friend of mine took my Tevas and threw them in the trash can. He thought it was a tough love thing.
7. Cool sheets. If anyone can tell me where to find them, I would appreciate that.
8. Fireflies. When I see them, I realize how much I've been missing. I really hope that there are fireflies in Utica, because I'm going to be spending a lot of time there.
9. Bigger ice cubes. I don't want to have to go to one of those bars where drinks are $20 to get a giant ice cube. Homegrown ice cubes are a summer a must.
10. A friend with a really great house in Provincetown, Massachusetts.
Photo Credits: John P. Fil/CBS (Rocca); Sharon Washington/Getty Images (Pina Colada); Westend61/Getty Images (Liverwurst); peterspiro/Getty Images (Victorian); Mindstyle/Getty Images (Fireflies).
Don't miss Mobituaries: Great Lives Worth Reliving by journalist, humorist, and history buff Mo Rocca, coming out this fall from Simon & Schuster!