The star of Broke shares a few ideas for making home time happier right now!
For 15 seasons, Pauley Perrette won the hearts of fans with her portrayal of the beloved character Abby Scuito on the hit drama series NCIS. Now she's back and trying on a comedy role on CBS' new sitcom Broke, playing single mom Jackie, who suddenly finds herself hosting some surprise houseguests.
Here, she shares a few pointers for how to stay safe—and sane—during these unprecedented times. We're all in this together, right?
1. Stay inside and watch Broke on Thursdays at 9:30/8:30c on CBS and CBS All Access.
"It's going to be a half hour to really sit back with your family—it's a family-safe, family-happy show—and laugh with us."
2. Read books, or at least smell the pages!
"I love books. My house is full of books. Books, books, books."
3. Foster an animal! And spend time with your pets.
"It really helps to have that kind of love and life around you at this time."
4. Work out! Try running up and down a flight of stairs.
"If you have a flight of stairs, good—done. Go up and down the flight of stairs. I do that."
5. Call your friends and family! Phones are magical and can let you speak to anyone, at any time.
"You can actually talk to people on the phone. Isn't that crazy? You can talk to your friends, family!"
6. Start an indoor garden! Plant from seedlings, or order one that’s already been started and take it from there.
"I also like to plant things. OK, so, I have a lot of plants. Tons of things you can plant inside your house."
- pauley-perrette-broke - Watch Magazine ›
- Spring Forward With These Inspiring Pics Of CBS Stars - Watch ... ›